EVP – Clinical Operations, Director & Co-Founder
Ms. Runk has over 35 years of experience in research, preclinical & clinical development and operations, working with biopharmaceutical companies and CROs in the US and around the world, such as Oread, ILEX Oncology (Genzyme), PSI & Ergomed. She was instrumental in performing due diligence and acquiring AR-67, a major asset for Vivacitas Oncology. Her strengths lie in quick and accurate assessment of needs analysis and efficient implementation to maximize productivity while staying under budget. She earned her BS in Biology and BA in Psychology from SUNY at Albany, and her MBA from University of Phoenix.
1. Novel silatecan displays high lipophilicity, improved blood stability and potent
anticancer activity. Bom D, et al J Med Chem 2000; 43:3970-3980
2. Silatecan DB-67 is a novel DNA Topo-1 targeted radiation sensitizer: Chen AY. Mol
Cancer Ther 2005; 4(2): 317-24.
3. Phase I study publication: Arnold SM, et al. Clin Cancer Res. 2010;6:673-680
4. Phase II study publication (abstract): Kumthekar P, et al. SNO 2019. Poster ACTR-40,
published in Neuro-Oncology(https://academic.oup.com/neuro-oncology)
5. Ubiquitin-dependent Destruction of Topoisomerase I Is
Stimulated by the Antitumor Drug Camptothecin*, Desai et al. The Journal of Biological Chemistry, Vol. 272, No. 39, Issue of September 26, pp. 24159–24164, 1997. https://www.jbc.org
6. Metabolic Pathways of the Camptothecin Analog AR-67, Horn et al. Drug Metabolism and Disposition, Vol. 39, No. 4, 37390/3672838, 2011. https://dmd.aspetjournals.org