EVP Portfolio Management
Dr. Brownell has diversified experience in the biopharmaceutical arena where she has played key roles in discovery, development, opportunity assessment, and Executive Leadership to drive innovation. She has deep experience in discovery research and development through her history at Bayer Healthcare and venture-backed startups, with a focus on rare/orphan diseases. She earned her BS in Biology from Allegheny College and MS, MPhil and PhD in Biology from Yale University.
1. Novel silatecan displays high lipophilicity, improved blood stability and potent
anticancer activity. Bom D, et al J Med Chem 2000; 43:3970-3980
2. Silatecan DB-67 is a novel DNA Topo-1 targeted radiation sensitizer: Chen AY. Mol
Cancer Ther 2005; 4(2): 317-24.
3. Phase I study publication: Arnold SM, et al. Clin Cancer Res. 2010;6:673-680
4. Phase II study publication (abstract): Kumthekar P, et al. SNO 2019. Poster ACTR-40,
published in Neuro-Oncology(https://academic.oup.com/neuro-oncology)
5. Ubiquitin-dependent Destruction of Topoisomerase I Is
Stimulated by the Antitumor Drug Camptothecin*, Desai et al. The Journal of Biological Chemistry, Vol. 272, No. 39, Issue of September 26, pp. 24159–24164, 1997. https://www.jbc.org
6. Metabolic Pathways of the Camptothecin Analog AR-67, Horn et al. Drug Metabolism and Disposition, Vol. 39, No. 4, 37390/3672838, 2011. https://dmd.aspetjournals.org